How Does the Generac EcoGen Work?
In an alternative energy system, the generator is an important source of backup power when other
resources are insufficient for the demand.
- Solar cells and/or wind turbines generate DC electric current.
- The DC current enters the inverter charger, and then the battery bank.
- The inverter takes DC power from the battery bank, converts it to AC electricity, and sends the
AC power to your home’s electrical panel.
- If the battery level drops to a preset point, perhaps because there is no solar or wind power available,
the inverter automatically signals the Generac EcoGen generator to start up.
- The Generac EcoGen delivers AC power to the inverter, which simultaneously sends AC power to your
home’s electric panel and sends DC power to the battery bank until it is charged to an acceptable level.
True Power™ Technology delivers best-inclass power quality with less than 5 percent total harmonic distortion for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
Generac’s G-Force Engines are purposebuilt, pressure-lubricated engine capable of handling the rigors of generator use, resulting in power that’s more reliable and
requires less routine maintenance than any competitive engine.
Tough, Durable All-Aluminum Enclosures. Our RhinoCoat™ powdercoated finish helps make corrosion-resistant aluminum perfect for all weather conditions.
Smart, User-Friendly Controls. Generac’s Evolution™ Controller features a multilingual
LCD display that allows you to monitor battery status and track maintenance intervals to ensure your generator is always in top operating condition.